As a follow-up to my article 15 Things About Taylor (might or might not want to know) from 2015, I’ve decided to tell you 22 more things about myself that you may or may not want to know. So here we go:
(Disclaimer: you might not like what you find below, but it is all part of who I am.)
- My favorite movie of all time is Forbidden Planet (1956).
- I met the voice actor who plays Mr Torgue, Chris Rager, from the Borderlands Franchise at Anime Fusion.
- I love giant monster movies, specifically Godzilla and Gamera films. All of them, no matter how cheesy.
- My favorite video game is Borderlands 2 from the Borderlands Franchise. Honestly, I love the whole franchise, but number 2 really sticks out above the rest.
- I love to drink Diet Dr Pepper and occasionally Diet Mountain Dew.
- I am currently doing WW for weight loss. I have lost 30lbs as of the writing of this article.
- My favorite anime is Beautiful Dreamer.
- I watch Svengoolie almost every Saturday night.
- I always thank Alexa (my Echo Dot) after she does something for me. I, for one, welcome our future AI overlords.
- I spend way too much money on Patreon and Kickstarter.
- I own a lot of journals that I am not using. I’m trying to get better about journaling, but I find I just do it here on my blog.
- I don’t drink alcohol any more. I used to be a big fan of beer but it messed with my depression so I gave it up.
- All of the Tremors movies are awesome. Even the third one that basically just set up the TV show. Burt Gummer is a personal hero of mine.
- Lego is the greatest toy of all time. I don’t have any, but I love them.
- I own way too many dice. I bet I’ve got at least 3 lbs of them.
- I am no longer on the staff of Anime Fusion. I decided to leave because life was getting in the way.
- As I get older, I find I am having more and more “get off my lawn” moments.
- I have won NaNoWriMo once. It was a lot of work and the novel I wrote was bad (and will never see the light of day), but I won!
- I have a very talkative pet cat named Sasha.
- I believe in Resistentialism. Hence the name of this blog.
- Taco Bravos from Taco John’s are the best. I like to get two of them and some Potato Ole’s. It makes for a great dinner or lunch. (Note: I can not have any Potato Ole’s now that I am on WW.)
- I’m married to my wonderful wife, Chris. We have been married for over 30 years.
- I love seeing movies in the theater. There is something special about the theater experience I can’t explain but I love. I grew up before and during the age of video tape. So for many years of my life your only option to see a movie was to go to a theater or watch it in an edited form on TV.
- My back pain and depression are currently very well controlled. I have spent a lot of time working with my doctor and a therapist to make this happen.
- I miss seeing my friends in person and going places. COVID has made me adapt to an online life. I am not sure how much I like it. (Don’t get me wrong. Working from home is nice a lot of the time, especially in winter, but I miss people.)